Used to restore volume and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines on the face. The Juvederm collection includes several different products, each formulated with a different consistency and designed to address different concerns. The main active ingredient in Juvederm is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to hydrate and plump the skin. The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm is formulated as a smooth gel that can be injected into the skin to add volume and fill in wrinkles and lines. Juvederm can be used to treat a variety of concerns, including:
- Nasolabial folds: the lines that run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: the lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin.
- Vertical lip lines: the wrinkles that form above and below the lips.
- Cheek volume loss: loss of volume in the cheeks that can occur with age.
- Lip augmentation: to add volume and shape to the lips.
The treatment typically takes less than 30 minutes and requires little to no downtime. The results of Juvederm injections can last up to a year or more, depending on the specific product used and the individual patient.